Service & Volunteer Opportunities
There are many service opportunities in both the church and the greater community at large. If you feel that you have something to give back to the community, please check back here to see where you can make a difference.
"So let your light shine before men,
that they may see your good work
and glorify your Father who is in heaven."
Opportunities to Help:
- Shoe Boxes Wanted: - St. Patrick Youth will be collecting shoe boxes for a community service project until Novemer 11th. Please drop off your donation at the Youth Office, Monday through Friday between 9 AM and 3 PM or (after hours) at the Rectory Office.
- Hospice Volunteers - Do you have a few hours a week to spare? Are you that special person who is willing to walk along with our patients and families during their final journey? Find out! Please call the Good Shepherd Hospice Volunteer Department at 631-465-6355 for information. A coordinator will be happy to speak with you. Training provided.
- Wedding Rehersal Volunteers Needed Everyone loves a wedding! Our parish needs your help with wedding rehersals. Please consider giving one Friday per month to this ministry. If interested, call the rectory (265-2271) or leave your name and number with one of our clergy after Mass.
Volunteers Needed Nesconset Nursing Center
Volunteers Wanted - Do you have a special talent you would like to showcase - singing, dancing, playing the piano? Nesconset Nursing Home is looking for volunteers to entertain residents. Please call Bonnie at 631-361-8800, ext. 258 if interested.
- Baby Girls in China in Need of Adoption - Baby girls in China need homes. Infants and toddlers available. Older parents and singles welcome. For more information call Barbara Salvesen at 845-623-5277.
- Birthright - Birthright provides counseling, positive alternatives to abortion and other help to girls/women distressed by a pregnancy. Birthright is a non-profit, non-sectarian volunteer service, offering pregnancy test kits, layettes, maternity clothes, and referrals for medical care, housing and other community resources - free of charge. If you would like to help Birthright in its Pro-Life work, please call the Smithtown Office at 360-7707. The hours are Monday to Friday, 11 AM to 2 PM. Training will be provided.
- St. Catherine of Siena Hospital Do you love working with people? Do you have some retail experience? The busy gift shop at St. Catherine of Siena Hospital in Smithtown is seeking volunteers for weekend and evening hours (Saturday & Sunday from 11 AM to 3 PM and Wednesday through Friday from 4 to 8 PM). Duties include cashier and stocking of merchandise. Please call Georgia Priebe at 862-3015 for an application.